F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
All Recipes » Pasta Recipes » Pasta with Chicken, Sausages, and Peppers () 3 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Posts 
Email to friend 

AuthorThread
root

February 2004

Pasta with Chicken, Sausages, and Peppers Sat, 20 January 2007 12:06
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1/2 pound fresh hot or mild Italian sausage links, sliced
2 medium red, yellow, or green sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup dry red or white wine
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup tomato juice or water
3 cups hot cooked pasta

Cut chicken into thin bite-size strips; set aside. In a 12-inch skillet cook sausage for 5 minutes, stirring to brown on all sides. Remove from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In same skillet cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned; remove from skillet. Cook sweet peppers and onion wedges in remaining drippings for 3 minutes. Return sausage and chicken to skillet; add undrained tomatoes, wine, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir cornstarch into tomato juice or water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more.

To Freeze: Freeze in freezer safe container

To Reheat: Reheat in covered pot or microwave. Serve over pasta.

Jenn

February 2004

Re: Pasta with Chicken, Sausages, and Peppers Sun, 11 February 2007 18:43
This was okay, but has potential. It was flavorful but the sauce was too watery to stick to the noodles. I think trying tomato paste instead of tomato juice, or maybe making the 'Angel Hair Pasta with Red Sauce' sauce, which has a lot of peppers in it. It would complement this dish.

tessar

February 2004

Re: Pasta with Chicken, Sausages, and Peppers Wed, 16 May 2007 18:59
Flavor was very good, but agree it was too watery for the noodles...maybe better over rice or definitely add tomato paste or something to thicken up the sauce if putting over noodles. We should try it again with some modifications.

Tina

January 2011

Re: Pasta with Chicken, Sausages, and Peppers Wed, 19 January 2011 11:45
My family really likes this dish! I have served it 2 different ways. Once over angelhair pasta, and once over penne pasta. I have found that the penne pasta works best, as the larger noodles soaked up any extra liquid. When I prepared this dish, I used a spinach and roasted red pepper chicken sausage, and the can of diced tomatoes had green chilies in it. These 2 changes added a little extra flavor.

Previous Thread:Baked Manicotti with Meat Sauce
Next Thread:Make Ahead Manicotti
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:30:48 PDT 2024

15 MySQL queries took 0.0080747604370117 seconds
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015712976455688 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.