F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
All Recipes » Poultry Recipes » Chicken Biscuit Casserole () 2 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Posts 
Email to friend 

AuthorThread
root

February 2004

Chicken Biscuit Casserole Tue, 10 February 2004 20:00
3 cups chicken -- cooked and cubed
3 cups chicken broth
4 carrots -- sliced 1" thick
1 onion -- chopped
4 stalks celery -- sliced 1/2" thick
8 ounces mushrooms -- halved
2 garlic cloves -- sliced
1 can peas -- (8 oz.) canned
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup cold water
10 biscuits -- (tube or fresh)

Bring chicken broth to a boil; add carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms and garlic; simmer 10 minutes. Add cubed chicken meat and peas; simmer 5 minutes more. Mix cornstarch with cold water in measuring cup; add slowly until chicken mixture has consistency of gravy. Remove from heat; cool.

To Freeze: Pour into round casserole dish (2 qt capacity). Cover with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.

To Reheat: Thaw casserole before cooking. Place in 400-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place uncooked biscuits (either from "tube" or scratch in slightly-overlapping circles on top of casserole. Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes more, until mixture is bubbling and biscuits are golden brown.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 February 2004 20:00]

tessar

February 2004

Re: Chicken Biscuit Casserole Wed, 27 April 2005 19:58
Very bland and the chicken was too dry...maybe try it w/o cooking the chicken at all before baking. Also, the biscuits I used didn't cook evenly. I prefer chicken or turkey pot pie instead.

Jenn

February 2004

Re: Chicken Biscuit Casserole Tue, 03 May 2005 18:35
We liked it! However, I did read Tessa's review before I baked it so before I threw it in the oven I sprinkled a teaspoon or so of Celery Salt (Liem's fix-all) and it worked! It was delicious! I also put the dish in *mostly* defrosted for the exact time it said on the label and the chicken was perfect.

10.1.07 - Chris's version was great! We did, however, drain off the liquid (there was a lot of liquid) and added a can of cream of chicken instead. This made it super yummy...like a cross between chicken and dumplings and chicken pot pie. Everything cooked up fine (spuds were a little too done) and was delicious! No additional seasoning this time.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2007 08:35]

Previous Thread:Lemon Chicken Skewers
Next Thread:Chris's version of Chicken Parmesan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:02:41 PDT 2024

15 MySQL queries took 0.014801740646362 seconds
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.022266864776611 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.