F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
All Recipes » Poultry Recipes » White Bean and Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Chipotle Chili () 2 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Posts 
Email to friend 

AuthorThread
root

February 2004

White Bean and Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Chipotle Chili Tue, 10 February 2004 23:02
1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
2 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
1 large onion(s), chopped
2 medium garlic clove(s), chopped
32 oz fat-free chicken broth
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety
30 oz canned white beans, rinsed and drained
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped, plus extra for garnish

Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground turkey, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until turkey is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.

Add turkey mixture and remaining ingredients to a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting for at least 4 hours.

To Freeze: Freeze in freezer safe container.

To Reheat: Reheat in covered pot until heated through. If the chili is too thick after it’s been frozen and then defrosted, add extra chicken broth and then reheat to achieve desired consistency.)

Jenn

February 2004

Re: White Bean and Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Chipotle Chili Wed, 17 March 2004 19:35
4 stars! Only thing I didn't like was the cilantro...I'm not a cilantro fan. Take the cilantro out and it may even be a 4.5!

This was better when Tonya made it. It was really bland! I followed the recipe!! Liem added curry powder to his and Hayley and I added Cajun spice. Cohen liked it 'as is'.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 November 2008 13:21]

tessar

February 2004

Re: White Bean and Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Chipotle Chili Tue, 28 June 2005 18:50
I agree with Jenn, would like it much better w/o the cilantro. I'm not a cilantro fan.

Previous Thread:Chicken Breast Italian Style
Next Thread:P.F. CHANG'S Soothing Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:10:45 PDT 2024

15 MySQL queries took 0.0085511207580566 seconds
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.020281076431274 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.