F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
All Recipes » Pork Recipes » Spicy Pork Quesadillas () 2 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Posts 
Email to friend 

AuthorThread
root

February 2004

Spicy Pork Quesadillas Wed, 11 February 2004 22:52
*note: Recipe has been updated and now makes 50+/- quarters

10 lbs ground pork (can also use turkey)
5 cup diced onion
1 cup diced green pepper
1 cup diced red pepper
1 cup diced yellow pepper
1 cup diced orange pepper
20 tsp minced garlic
5 tsp ground cumin
5 teaspoon dried oregano -- crushed
1 tsp to 1Tbls for the entire batch jalapeno pepper -- minced
10 Tbls cilantro leaves chopped
32 (10 inch) flour tortillas
5 - 16oz pkgs Monterey Jack cheese - grated

In a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey with onion and garlic until browned, drain off any drippings and remove to large bowl. Stir peppers, cumin, oregano, jalapeno and cilantro into turkey mixture.

Cut tortillas into quarters. Clean out skillet by wiping with paper towel and heat over medium-high heat. Place one quarter sized tortilla in skillet, sprinkle cheese on the tortilla (Note: the cheese acts like a glue so spread out to the corners of the tortilla), then evenly spread turkey mixture, then sprinkle another layer of cheese, and top with quarter sized tortilla.

Cook on one side until nicely browned (about 2-3 minutes), pressing down occasionally on top tortilla. Flip and brown on other side.

To Freeze: Freeze in a freezer safe container placing wax paper between each quesadilla.

To Reheat:

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2005 21:05]

tessar

February 2004

Re: Spicy Pork Quesadillas Mon, 08 March 2004 19:32
I really liked them since Tonya left out the jalapeno peppers. I could go w/o the cilantro, too, since I'm not a big fan of it.

tonyar

August 2004

Re: Spicy Pork Quesadillas Mon, 09 August 2004 11:56
This recipe does not make much. Make it x5 and you'll get 24 individual quarter wedges. Here's some adjustments to make on this recipe: 1. Cut your tortillas into quarters, I'm certainly not coordinated enough to flip a full or half tortilla and keep all the goodies inside! 2. For the sensitive pallet, cut the jalepinos down to 1 tsp to 1Tbls for the entire batch. I did not add the seeds. 3. Substitue ground turkey for the ground pork. It's just as good and less fat. Often cheaper too! 4. Whoever made this recipe doesn't have the same love for cheese! I use a little over a 16oz block of cheese. It's a great glue for keeping the whole thing intact. Besides, cheese is so darn nummmy! 5. The recipe is a little boring, so add green, yellow, orange or red peppers. I used green peppers the first time I made it - about equivalent to the amount of onion. The second time I had green and orange so put them both in. Quite tasty. Changing the recipe to ground turkey, using more cheese, and adding peppers, I rate this a 5.

Jenn

February 2004

Re: Spicy Pork Quesadillas Tue, 31 January 2006 21:29
Liem liked them as did Hayley. I wasn't a big fan. Cohen said they were too spicy.

Previous Thread:Ham and Pineapple Dinner
Next Thread:Glazed Pork Chops
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:16:44 PDT 2024

15 MySQL queries took 0.0072414875030518 seconds
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.019601106643677 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.