F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
All Recipes » Poultry Recipes » Chicken Ajillo el Charro (Chicken with Garlic and White Wine) () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Posts 
Email to friend 

AuthorThread
root

February 2004

Chicken Ajillo el Charro (Chicken with Garlic and White Wine) Tue, 10 February 2004 20:12
3 1/2 pound chicken cut into 16 pieces
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 heads garlic (Use all the cloves, peeled but whole)
1 cup dry white wine
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Rinse the chicken in cold running water and thoroughly dry it with paper towels. Using a meat cleaver or poultry shears, cut the chicken into 16 pieces.

Make a mixture of sea or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture generously over the chicken pieces.

Warm a large saut pan over medium-high heat and put in the olive oil. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the chicken pieces and brown well on all sides. (You want to make sure the oil is hot enough that the chicken pieces will make a sizzling sound as you put them into the pan. This ensures that the chicken will sear immediately and the juices will stay inside!)

After you have turned over all the chicken to brown on the other side, add the garlic and turn the temperature down low to let it saut for a few minutes. Make sure the garlic does not get brown at all.

Add the wine.

To Freeze: Freeze in freezer safe container.

To Reheat: Bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat -- to medium, not too low -- and let simmer until the wine has almost evaporated, and has made a caramel-like sauce in the pan.

Jenn

February 2004

Re: Chicken Ajillo el Charro (Chicken with Garlic and White Wine) Sat, 12 November 2005 17:34
Very, very flavorful, everyone loved it! I would suggest we do sear the chicken next time though, I think that will prevent it from over-drying when we boil that sauce down.

tessar

February 2004

Re: Chicken Ajillo el Charro (Chicken with Garlic and White Wine) Tue, 29 November 2005 17:47
Not one of my favs, too much wine flavor for my liking.

Jenn

February 2004

Re: Chicken Ajillo el Charro (Chicken with Garlic and White Wine) Tue, 29 November 2005 18:13
Tess, we didn't taste any wine, but we only let it defrost for an hour or so and then microwaved it to make sure the chicken was ready to bake. Try it that way...I think you'll like it then. Even the kids couldn't taste the wine. =)

Previous Thread:BBQ Miso Chicken
Next Thread:Chicken Piccata
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:12:01 PDT 2024

15 MySQL queries took 0.066080331802368 seconds
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.076345920562744 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.