F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
All Recipes » Poultry Recipes » Crisp Baked Chicken () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Posts 
Email to friend 

AuthorThread
root

February 2004

Crisp Baked Chicken Sun, 29 February 2004 23:27
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp mustard powder
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp dried sage (can substitute with another spice)
2 Tbsp onion, grated
1 ½ cups bread crumbs.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. With cooking spray, lightly coat cooking rack placed over roasting pan.

Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F. Place the chicken pieces in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Place the oil, lemon juice, mustard, plenty of seasoning, sage (or substitute) and onion in a screw-top jar and shake well until everything is thoroughly combined.

Brush the chicken pieces generously with the mustard-and-onion mixture, ensuring that they are particularly well coated on top. Press the soft bread crumbs on each chicken portion as it is brushed with the mixture to make, even coating.

To Freeze: Freeze in oven-ready container.

To Reheat: Bake the coated chicken at 350 for 20-30 minutes from defrosted, or until they are crisp and golden outside and thoroughly cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with the tip of a knife.

[Updated on: Tue, 23 March 2004 19:22]

tessar

February 2004

Re: Crisp Baked Chicken Wed, 17 March 2004 19:44
Really good, but apparently I don't like sage. Be careful not to bake it too long, either, or it gets really dry. 45 mins was too long from defrosted.

Jenn

February 2004

Re: Crisp Baked Chicken Tue, 23 March 2004 19:17
Ditto. Maybe replace the sage with basil or something. I didn't like the sage either. And I overcooked mine as well, but the breading did crisp like it's supposed to so that was good! I think a 20 - 30 minute cook time would be sufficient.

UPDATE: We didn't care for the flavor of the breading this time either, even with the updated recipe. We all ended up scraping off the breading and just eating the chicken.

I'm changing the recipe to reflect the new cook time and the optional substitute of basil.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 February 2006 20:16]

Previous Thread:Mexican Chicken
Next Thread:Grilled Marjoram Chicken with Dill and Chive Sauce
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:59:36 PDT 2024

20 MySQL queries took 6.5157778263092 seconds
Total time taken to generate the page: 6.5233550071716 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.