F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
All Recipes » Pasta Recipes » Mexican Lasagna () 2 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Posts 
Email to friend 

AuthorThread
root

February 2004

Mexican Lasagna Sat, 08 May 2004 16:25
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1 (16 ounce) can non fat refried beans
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
12 dry lasagna noodles*
2 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups salsa
2 cups low-fat sour cream
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese

*If using no-boil noodles, do not cover dish with foil to allow water to boil off.

In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain off excess fat. In a large bowl, combine the cooked beef, refried beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder.

Place four of the uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread half of the beef mixture over the noodles. Top with 4 more uncooked noodles and the remaining half of the beef mixture. Cover with remaining noodles. Combine the water and the salsa in a medium bowl, and pour over all.

In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, green onions and olives. Spoon over casserole, and top with shredded cheese.

To Freeze: Freeze in oven ready container.

To Reheat: Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours, or until noodles are tender. *If using no-bake noodles, do not cover dish with foil to allow water to boil off.

Jenn

February 2004

Re: Mexican Lasagna Sat, 08 May 2004 16:27
would say 3.5 stars. I don't go ga-ga over it but it is good. I don't mind eating it. =)

The dish isn't watery if you cook it with the foil off. The excess water is needed to cook the no-boil noodles. Without the foil on, it boils away and it the perfect consistency after the 1.5 hr cooking time.

Anonymous Poster

Re: Mexican Lasagna Wed, 08 March 2006 19:09
My daughter ate a huge piece of this, and she hates almost everything. I usesd onion flakes and no olives in the sour cream, because my family doesn't like either. Since I was using the no boil lasagna noodles (no foil) I didn't put the cheese on until the last 20 minutes of cooking. It turned out great! Thanks for the receipe.

Previous Thread:Baked Linguine with Meat Sauce
Next Thread:Penne All' Arrabbiata
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:17:04 PDT 2024

20 MySQL queries took 5.098690032959 seconds
Total time taken to generate the page: 5.110769033432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.